1. Because It’s On My Wishlist
I’m sure many of us have book wishlists, be it mental or handwritten, especially when the biggest book sale ever is in town. But when it comes to book sales, titles are almost always sorted only by genre. It may prove difficult to find at least one off your list; too difficult that I managed to get only one from mine. Eleanor and Park. I mean, if you see any of these title, holler at me!
📌 George Orwell – 1984
📌 Geraldine deRuiter – All Over The Place
📌 Colleen Hoover – It Ends With Us
📌 Mark Manson – The Subtle Art of Not Giving a Fu*k
📌 Angie Thomas – The Hate You Give
📌 Emily Griffin – Love The One You’re With
📌 Margaret Atwood – Handmaid’s Tale
📌 Anything Anne Frank related
📌 Anything by Rainbow Rowell
2. Because The Cover Was Pretty
They say do not judge a book by it’s cover. But, uhm, that’s a significant fraction of my purchases.
Ron Shallowly Judges A Book By Its…
- Accolades (#1 Best-Seller of a Genre That May or May Not Be Easy To Top but let’s not mention that and just put #1 Best-Seller full stop)
- Author (Author of the Best-Selling Book That You May or May Not Have Heard Before)
- Book Reviews (even though I know these are obviously placed being that they’re good reviews, lol)
- There’s no #6, I just want to point out this is a list within a list. Ha! Listception.
3. Because I Know The Author
Paulo Coelho, Mitch Albom, Stephen King, Sidney Sheldon, Danielle Steele, Jojo Moyes, John Grisham, Neil Gaiman Jodi Picoult, enough said.
4. Because The Book’s Actually Interesting
Something where you can flick through any page and it would still make sense. I picked up Lists of Note, a compilation of lists which includes 19 year old Isaac Newton’s list of the 57 sins he’d already committed, Galileo’s list of parts needed to build his telescope and list of THE BFG’s favorite words by Roald Dahl. I’m so nosy, this will keep me entertained for years.
5. Because There’s A Movie Of It BUT WE ALL KNOW BOOKS ARE BETTER
Pun intended, I finally decided to read one of Stephen King’s. And I picked IT. Along with Murder of the Orient Express. But I did refrain from getting books with movie adaptations because who decided the movie poster is a better book cover, huh? Too cheesy, man. 👀 *cough*Me Before You, and anything Nicholas Sparks*cough*
6. Because It’s The Beatles
Related to #4, The John Lennon Letters is quite an interesting compilation that lets us into his complicated brain. And then two more Beatles related books, because it’s always nice to find something you can’t Google.
And that’s it! I think! Here’s what I’ve managed to get from visiting the book sale thrice within two days. Now, to find time to read all these (plus the books I’ve hoarded the past years, I mean, I still haven’t opened Game of Throne). Comment below what you’ve hoarded at from the recent Big Bad Wolf Book Sale Cebu shenanigans!