Labor long weekend was fast approaching and I was itching to have a mini-vacation for fear of missing out on summer completely, yet again. I’m not big on road trips (so much anxiety build up) or ship rides (I cannot swim, for the life of me, if things go south, also, ship gasoline smells so bad, don’t you think?), we do not have trains and plane tickets are too expensive for an overnight vacation. Thankfully, millennials invented (ha!) staycations, so I thought, maybe I can do one with the family.
My friends and I went to Amisa, a couple years ago, and found a similar rent-a-condo in 8 Newtown Boulevard (Cluster 1) condo in The Mactan Newtown. I booked just a week before labor weekend and was delightfully surprised to know that the 1 bedroom unit was still available. For Php 4000, my mom, 2 brothers, and I had an overnight stay in one of their 1 bedroom units. They, also, have a studio unit for Php 3500. These units are fully furnished, with a kitchen and dining room adjacent to the living room (and a bedroom if you’re getting the 1 bedroom unit). This booking gives you free access to their 60-meter infinity pool, gym spa and the newly-renovated Mactan Newtown beach (was Portofino). The infinity pool was what sold me to this place, it looks so calm and inviting to be swimming with the clouds. Here are some of the photos taken during that weekend:
The Mactan Newtown is an all-in-one site with condominiums aplenty, commercial units and offices are rapidly growing and where al fresco dining can be enjoyed.
8th Blvd. Cluster 1, our bedroom unit is at the 12th floor – right corner.
View of the infinity pool from the bedroom unit.
If you can spot that little white spire amidst the greens at the right side of the photo above, that is the Mactan Shrine nearby.
Free use of their gym and spa.
Who, What, When, Where, How
- Good for 4 pax
- studio unit is priced at Php 3500 per night
- 1 bedroom unit is Php 4000 per night
- 3 additional guests may join for Php 200 per head but can only stay until 10pm
- 1 bedroom unit has
- 1 double-sized bed
- dining table and chairs
- airconditioning units
- cable TV
- pots, pans, utensils
- Extra bed costs Php 300
- You may bring
- food & drinks
- medium-sized inflatables (I brought a massive donut inflatable but it was not allowed to use at the pool)
- You have free access to
- 60m infinity pool
- 2 jacuzzis beside the infinity pool
- spa (although, I don’t know where it is located)
- Mactan Newtown beach
- Check-in at 2pm, check-out at 12nn
- Contact Jan Michael Contreras or Vanya Deutsch at +63 916 519 1511
- Full payment must be deposited to confirm booking via BDO, BPI, Metrobank or Union Bank
- A government-issued ID and Php 2000 security deposit is needed during check-in
- They will return the Php 2000 security deposit by check-out if there are no damages, stains, etc
- Nearby establishments include but not limited to
- Mactan Alfresco (See: What To Eat At Mactan Alfresco)
- Mactan Newtown is across Sto. Niño de Cebu Mactan Parish
- 8th Newtown Blvd is after The Results Companies and Manulife
Amisa vs Newtown
If you are a large group, I suggest you rent the 2-bedroom unit in Amisa. My friends and I (all 10 of us) were able to squeeze in there comfortably. The pool and free-access amenities in Amisa, however, aren’t on par with Newtown’s. If you prefer more ‘features‘, you may have to rent both the 1 bedroom and studio units in Newtown.
If you have questions unanswered, do comment below or send me a message on social media, I’m @rondoesthings everywhere!