My cooking newbiery is back and I’m taking you again with me. This one’s perfect for lent if you’ve given up on pork and its sinful goodness. However, we can’t all be Chef Gordon nor can we all use fresh tuna. I mean we can, but let’s make this fail-safe and as easy as 1, 2, 3 so to canned tuna we go!
What you need:
400g pasta of you choice
2 x 180g canned hot & spicy tuna
2 x 180g canned regular tuna
4 cloves of garlic
1 whole shallot or onion
2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
3-5 pcs of chicken hotdog
How to do the do:
1. Fill in three fourths of a pot with water.
2. Add a teaspoon of salt.
3. Add about 5 tablespoons of oil.
Wait until the water boils and put in the pasta. The oil helps keep the pasta sticking to each other but also make sure to stir them every 5 minutes or so until it’s cooked.
TUNA and then some
1. Sauté the shallots and garlic.
2. Add the chicken hotdogs and mix until cooked.
3. Add both spicy and regular tuna along with its oil. Mix altogether.
4. If you want to make your sauce creamy, you can add at least two tablespoons of mayonnaise and then just build it up if it’s still not enough.
That’s it! It’s very easy but oh so yummy! It doesn’t take too much of your time but fills you up real good.
Recreate this and tag me! I hope you learned something and took our cooking to level still-newbs-but-not-really. 😉