Dentists hate me. Another dessert, eh? A very simple vanilla cupcake this time with oreo frosting. I know, I should’ve made it into a chocolate cupcake to suit with the oreo frosting better but I wanted to eat cupcakes and … well, chocolate is a no no for me. Anyways, this cupcake is very basic, you can use any frosting on it if you want to experiment some more!
What you need for the cupcake:
1 cup flour
½ cup sugar
1 ¼ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
1 stick unsalted butter
¼ tsp vanilla extract
1 ½ tsp milk
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180ºC.
2. Mix the flour with salt and baking powder. This will now be your self-raising flour.
3. Add the self raising flour into mixing bowl. As well as the sugar, butter and 2 eggs. Make sure all of your ingredients are at room temperature.
4. Mix the ingredients until all of the ingredients are incorporated into the mixture well.
5. After about 2-4 minutes of mixing the ingredients from step 1, add the vanilla extract and milk.
6. Scoop the batter into a muffin/cupcake pan, filling up only ¾ of each cupcake space.
Don’t forget to mix the baking powder and salt with the flour before adding it on to the mixing bowl!
Don’t fill it up too much, otherwise, the cupcake will overflow! At least ¾ of each should be filled!
Stick a toothpick in the middle of the cupcake, if there’s no crumbs in the toothpick, that means your cupcake is cooked!
Let it cool down before adding the frosting.
While the cupcakes are being cooked in the oven, you can start making the frosting!
What you need for the oreo frosting:
1 whole unsalted butter
3 ½ cups of icing sugar
6 oreos (powdered/crushed/pulverized/smashed to death)
¼ tsp vanilla extract
1 ½ tsp milk (optional)
1. Add your butter in the mixing bowl and mix it for about 5 minutes or until the color is lighter.
2. Gradually add the icing sugar. Add about a cup and mix in low speed so that it won’t fly everywhere. Add another cup and so on until all of the icing sugar is mixed with the butter.
3. Add the powdered oreos. Mix.
4. Add vanilla extract.
5. If the frosting is too dry to work with, add a teaspoon of milk or until it softens. Never add too much or else the frosting will be runny and slide off your cupcake.
6. Put it in a piping bag or just messily top your cupcakes with the frosting. Add some bits of oreos if you want.
See you next time!